All Apps and Add-ons

tstats uberagent data 2 options for where clause

smudge797
Path Finder

How do I use tstats with 2 options for where clause
ie:

| tstats dc(host) as hosts where index=uberagent AppName=StoreFront groupby host
Does not work
works if I remove AppName=...

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Only index-time fields can be used with tstats. AppName is unlikely to be an index-time field (and you probably shouldn't make it an index-time field). Also, I don't think you should have the "groupby host" at the end.

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Only index-time fields can be used with tstats. AppName is unlikely to be an index-time field (and you probably shouldn't make it an index-time field). Also, I don't think you should have the "groupby host" at the end.

rjthibod
Champion

@lguinn is right as usual. @smudge797, the uberAgent app uses data models extensively. There is probably an accelerated datamodel object that contains what you need, i.e., the AppName field. If so, then you can create a tstats or pivot search to give you what you want, but you will have to tailor the syntax to that datamodel object.

0 Karma

smudge797
Path Finder

Thanks all that makes sense now and I do see this in uberagent docs;

Source type:
uberAgent:Application:ApplicationUsage
Field list:
AppName, UserName, AppVersion, RemotingClientName

Any tips on the query to run tstats against the DM?

Thanks!

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

I think it would be this

| tstats dc(host) as hosts from datamodel="uberAgent.Application_ApplicationUsage" where nodename="Application_ApplicationUsage" Application_ApplicationUsage.AppName="StoreFront" by host

0 Karma

smudge797
Path Finder

Thanks this is what i came up with pivoting off the uberagent DM

|tstats dc(host) AS "Distinct Count of host" from datamodel=uberAgent.Application_ApplicationUsage where (nodename = Application_ApplicationUsage) groupby Application_ApplicationUsage.AppName prestats=true | addinfo type=count label=prereport_events | fields keepcolorder=t "Application_ApplicationUsage.AppName" "host" "prestats_reserved_" "psrsvd_" | prestats dedup_splitvals=t distinct_count(host) by "Application_ApplicationUsage.AppName"

Thanks all

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...