All Apps and Add-ons

splunk db connect error No java path specified for stanza rpcstart://default

pop1989
Explorer

hi,everybody
now ,I install the app "splunk connect db v2" on splunk ,but when create connections the error occured "
Validating connection with URL [jdbc:oracle:thin:@BWPRDDB:1521:XE] failed, please verify that the connection is configured correctly."
in log dbx2.log ,I find the following error
"root@BWPRDCI:/opt/splunk_install/splunk/var/log/splunk>more more dbx2.log
more: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
05/15/2015 10:04:14 [CRITICAL] [rpcstart.py] No java path specified for stanza rpcstart://default
05/15/2015 10:04:14 [CRITICAL] [rpcstart.py] RPC server has been terminated abnormally with error [No java path specified].
05/15/2015 10:04:29 [CRITICAL] [rpcstart.py] No java path specified for stanza rpcstart://default"
I have set java_home=/usr/java8_64/jre ,but the error still occured

Tags (1)

seanbarbour

to get mine working I had to use the directory /usr/java/jre1.8.0_74/. once I added this in the setup everything started to work.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

that looks like you haven't configured the java environment properly. Is the RPC Service running (this is the red or green light in the center of the navigation bar)?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Post your inputs.conf from the DBX2 app.

Thanks
Eric

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...