All Apps and Add-ons

sending splunk db connect data to another indexing cluster

sbattista09
Contributor

I was hoping you can change just specific inputs in DB connect to send to a different indexing cluster. I do not see a outputs.conf in the db connect app files and i am not sure where to place something like a "_TCP_ROUTING = blah". has any one else accomplished this before?

This is how i have been doing it for syslogs-
outputs.conf in my HWF for syslogs:
[tcpout:idxbankA]
server = splunkidx01.bla.org:9993, splunkidx02.bla.org:9993, splunkidx03.bla.org:9993, splunkidx04.blah.org:9993
autoLBFrequency = 7
forceTimebasedAutoLB = true

inputs.conf
[udp://100.10.10.10:514]
index = blah
sourcetype = blah_blah_blah
connection_host = ip
disabled = 0
_TCP_ROUTING = idxbankA

Then they just send to a intermediate forwarder and get passed to different indexers in the _TCP_ROUTING = idxbankA. It works well so far.

For the UF's i just changed the outputs.conf via a deployment app to send to: splunkidx01.bla.org:9993, splunkidx02.bla.org:9993, splunkidx03.bla.org:9993, splunkidx04.blah.org:9993.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...