All Apps and Add-ons

eval wildcard

tenyang

hi all,

i used eval wildcard to create a new field with below command:

*|eval product=case (match(shop_tags,"pen"), "pen", match(shop_tags,"pencil"), "pencil")

i have many tags under shop_tags, but now i have a new product book, it has two types, i want to create a new name "book_west" if it both match book and west, "book_east" if it match book and east. i am not sure how to deal with if i need match two tags to create a new one,
*|eval product=case (match(shop_tags,"pen"), "pen", match(shop_tags,"pencil"), "pencil",match(shop_tags,"book","west"), "book_west") is not working, could any one help me on this?

thanks a lot.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

You will have to use, what is called a lookarounds in regex. Try this regex for your search "^(?=.*\bbook\b)(?=.*\beast\b).*$". So your search will look like this

.... | eval products = case (match(shop_tags,"^(?=.*\bbook\b)(?=.*\beast\b).*$", "book_east")

This should give you an idea

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...