All Apps and Add-ons

Why my website monitoring only check 1 time

wangsimingxaxis
Explorer

HI guys, I installed the website monitoring in our Splunk Search head. but it seems like only do the check one time when I restart Splunk. after that it just leave there, like over 10hrs. without next check.

But I already setup the interval to 5m in input setting.

for example:
[web_ping://www_google_com]
interval = 5m
title = www.google.com
url = http://www.google.com

Any idea ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

Check the "Logs" dashboard for logs indicating errors in the input. You can view this by launching the Website Monitoring app and navigating to "Health" > "Logs" from the top nav bar.

Let me know what it says (especially for logs with "Error" severity).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Check the "Logs" dashboard for logs indicating errors in the input. You can view this by launching the Website Monitoring app and navigating to "Health" > "Logs" from the top nav bar.

Let me know what it says (especially for logs with "Error" severity).

0 Karma

wangsimingxaxis
Explorer

Hi Luke, thx for ur reply,

It works after I removed some very long string URL, and I also see below error message in log

2017-01-18 22:12:09,258 ERROR A connection exception was thrown when executing a web request, this can happen if the domain name, IP address is invalid or if network connectivity is down or blocked by a firewall, see url=http://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-website-monitoring/wiki/Troubleshooting

and ERROR Execution failed

I am trying to narrow down the range to find which url is not match the request.

will let you know ,

thanks,

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You can just give me the very long URL (perhaps in email if it is sensitive) and I'll take it from there. As soon as I have a repro, I should be able to fix it.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...