All Apps and Add-ons

Which Splunk Product to use for monitoring Network Devices ?

manishrawat221

Hi Everyone,

I want to monitor my Network Device and want to analyse logs, could someone help me in understanding which splunk product to dowload and how to map my devices on it

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hagjos43
Contributor

Get the free splunk enterprise trial. Send your syslog data to splunk via your network devices.

There are quite a few apps out there depending on the flavor of network device you have. Check out apps.splunk.com to find one that might fit exactly what you need (but only do this AFTER you install splunk and start ingesting data).

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are brand new to Splunk, I highly suggest you follow the Search Tutorial to understand the basic workflow and features of the product.

The Getting Data In manual includes procedures for ingesting data from TCP and UDP ports directly and using syslog, as well as sending SNMP events.

You can also explore what apps are available for different network technologies.

hagjos43
Contributor

Get the free splunk enterprise trial. Send your syslog data to splunk via your network devices.

There are quite a few apps out there depending on the flavor of network device you have. Check out apps.splunk.com to find one that might fit exactly what you need (but only do this AFTER you install splunk and start ingesting data).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...