All Apps and Add-ons

When editing index names, why the VT4Splunk Config Error?

nbowman
Path Finder

I'm running VT4Splunk 1.6.0  https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/6654 It's deployed via the SH Cluster Deployer.

I'm trying to edit the index names, but get a generic error: "Unexpected error when Enabling/Disabling saved searches."

nbowman_0-1692825373750.png

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

etorres
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I open a ticket with VT.  Looks like current version have a bug that prevent the add-on to save configuration properly.  New version (1.6.1) will be release in the next days. 

0 Karma

etorres
Loves-to-Learn Lots

If you remove the check-mark Enable automatic correlation, do you still receive the error message? 

0 Karma

nbowman
Path Finder

Weird, I disabled that tick mark and made changes to the "Index name". Then hit save. Then reenabled it. Looks...like it worked. I'll do more testing.

0 Karma

nbowman
Path Finder

I enabled debugging in the app, but it didn't help. The error is generated by vt_validator.py in the validate function. I'm not entirely sure which line in try is throwing the exception.

def validate(self, _, data):
    '''Validate method to perform action.'''
    try:
      self.vt_env = vt_environment.VirusTotalEnv(GetSessionKey().session_key)
      enabled = data.get('virustotal_saved_searches_enabled', 1)
      for name in self.saved_searches_names:
        saved_search = self.vt_env.service.saved_searches[name]
        saved_search.update(**{'is_scheduled': enabled}).refresh()
      return True
    except Exception: # pylint: disable=broad-except
      self.put_msg('Unexpected error when Enabling/Disabling saved searches.')
      logger.error('Unexpected error when Enabling/Disabling saved searches.')
      return False

0 Karma

etorres
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'm also having the same error.  Spin up test environment I'm not able to test the app.  Any help will be appreciated. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...