All Apps and Add-ons

Views not available for viewing in a slideshow

LukeMurphey
Champion

Some views are not listed in the setup page of the Slideshow app so I cannot add them to a show. What gives?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Most likely the permissions for the view are set too restrictively. Set the permissions to share the dashboards with all apps and it should show up.

LukeMurphey
Champion

I was able to reproduce it on 6.0. I just pushed a new version with a fix; version 0.7 should work for you. Sorry for missing that.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

I'm fairly sure I know what the problem is. The problem is that I am using some code that is only available in Splunk 6.1, not 6.0. I am going to fix it ASAP.

0 Karma

zowa
Engager

Here it is:

Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi)
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8000/en-US/static/@204106/js/build/simplexml.min/mvc/simpleform/formutils.js
Uncaught Error: Script error
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror config.js:6

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@zowa: That means the view should be included. I am wondering if some JS error is preventing it from working (like @linu1988 reported). Could you see if your browser is reporting any JS errors (rIght-click and select "Inspect element")?

0 Karma

zowa
Engager

Luke, after executing your search, the description field is empty for the view I want to include on the slideshow...

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@linu1988: which line was static? Are you referring to the require.config paths?

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Luke i was checking the same.

i found out that in the slideshow_setup.js file the path was static and was checking /app/slideshow/js/views/SlideshowSetupView

once i changed that to the respective view directory i could add them all and they worked as expected. Is that the bug?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@zowa: I would like to determine why they are not included (maybe it is a bug I can fix). Could you run the search here and let me know what it says about the views that are not included? http://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-slideshow/wiki/Troubleshooting

0 Karma

zowa
Engager

I have the same problem, and my dashboards are Global, everyone can read...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...