All Apps and Add-ons

Universal Forwarder input not working

giorgiovolpini

Hi, I have a dev windows 10 64bit environment with Splunk Enterprise and a Universal Forwarder and I'm trying to use File Metadata App to send data from UF to Splunk Ent locally (I'm testing the app).

I copied the app folder into the UF etc/apps folder, added an input configuration like the following and restarted but I'm not receiving data on my splunk enterprise endpoint:

"[file_meta_data://Test]
depth_limit=0
file_hash_limit=500MB
file_path=
include_file_hash=0
index=main
interval=2m
only_if_changed=0
recurse=1
disabled=0"

However I'm sure the UF work fine, because if i set a simple monitoring configuration (a folder with a csv file) using the following configuration I recieve data from UF on main index.

"[monitor://C:\Desktop\tosplunk]
disabled = false
index = main"

I have Python 2.7.1 installed on the machine (and also Python 3).

I tried more time, restarting, changing configuration and more, but it does nothing.

Can you help me?

Do you have a guide to install and configure step by step the app on a Universal Forwarder (for windows environment) or some suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Giorgio

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...