All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to send email alert from Splunk 6.6.0

rohitsurve10

Hi,

I am new to Splunk. I configured the email Settings and tried to send email through alert.

But with no success i read the python.log file and received the error as below.

ERROR sendemail:443 - (501, '5.5.4 Invalid Email address', u'splunk@DESKTOP-******') while sending mail

Can anyone please help me on this issue. Did i miss any configuration.

Thanx in advance

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lakromani
Builder

Did this work with 6.5.x? When I read your post it looks from me that this is a new error that you get with 6.6.0

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

Enable SSL?

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

select none in email security and try

0 Karma

rohitsurve10

Can you please tell me where i made a wrong configuration ? From where "splunk@DESKTOP-** " is coming ?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your from email address needs to be valid as per email RFC standards. Splunk@domain.com for example.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you upgraded from a previous version, make sure you don't have a modified sendemail.py in the bin folder of your search app.

0 Karma

rohitsurve10

I installed a new Splunk(6.6.0) not updating .

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the full email address you are using?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...