All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit: How do you replace a value of one field with the value of another?

Jthreadgill
Explorer

I checked the past questions and answers, but I was not able to find a way to do this.

Basically the value field of the event is "DERIVE". I need to replace "DERIVE" with the value in Count. I am trying to use Machine Learning Toolkit (MLTK) and I keep getting this error:

"Error while fitting "LinearRegression" model: could not convert string to float: DERIVE"

This was CSV data uploaded.

Thanks for the help.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Whats the search query that you're tried? Could you post some sample data/values?

0 Karma

Jthreadgill
Explorer

Thanks, Here is a little more information.

Uploading the csv -
Whitelist
N/A
Blacklist
N/A
Source Type
Automatic
App Context
Splunk_ML_Toolkit
Host

SplunkLab1

The search doesn't seem to change the output, but it is below.

index=REMOVED source="/home/downloads/REMOVED*" | head 100

I select an event and below is what I see for every field and value.
INDISCARDS DERIVE
INERRORS DERIVE

INMULTICASTPKTS DERIVE

If I then select a field I see below.
Values Count %

DERIVE 25 100%

When I try to create a model in MLTK with the same search it then creates the error I provided earlier.

Hope that helps. Thanks,

0 Karma

Jthreadgill
Explorer

The issue is resolved. It was related to corrupted data I was trying to create a 'Fit Model' with. I added one small csv file and now everything is working.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...