All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect - connect to Oracle DB using domain (AD) credentials

alanos
Engager

Hi,

we are using DB Connect v 3.1.1. and have been traditionally using it with local (DB) accounts when connecting to Oracle DB. At the moment we're considering moving towards using AD accounts and Kerberos authentication but I'm unable to make it work.

On the Oracle side everything seems configured correctly (I'm not a DB admin) since I am able to connect using a domain account from external tools such as SQL Developer Studio.

These are the settings in DB Connect:

Identity:
Username - domain_user@my_domain.com

Connection:
JDBC URL string: jdbc:oracle:thin:@db_server_fqdn:port:database

Using this configuration I'm getting "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied" error.
Following some other hints from either Splunk answers, Oracle docs or Google, using oci instead of thin client I'm getting Java error "no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path"

Any pointers on how to enable AD authentication to Oracle DB would be appreciated!

aakwah
Builder

@alanos I am wondering if you managed to find a solution for this issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...