All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: How to run same the same SQL query on multiple databases?

internet_team
Explorer

Hello,

I would like to run the same SQL query on many databases. First way I tried was to clone db inputs, but this is not efficient in case the SQL query changes (need to update each input).

Is there any easy way to run 1 SQL query on multiple databases?
Is it possible to set mySQL query on 1 text file, and specify this text file on query stanza ?

jtrimmings
Engager

How about

| dbxquery connection=databasecon1 query="select @@servername"

| union
[ dbxquery connection=databasecon2 query="select @@servername"]
| union
[dbxquery connection=yetanotherdb query="select@@servername"]

0 Karma

kyaparla
Path Finder

I have similar requirement, so I tried some like this and it worked for my requirement.

|rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-db_connections | stats count by title,host | search title="*" | map search="|dbxquery query=\" url encoded sql query\" connection=$title$ maxrows=100 | eval connection=\"$title$\" | eval dbhost=\"$host$\""

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Good question -- there isn't a way to do that (at least not one I can think of). Can you please open a support case so we can get an enhancement request and investigate further?

internet_team
Explorer

Hello, i did it. Hope it help ...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...