All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk_CiscoSecuritySuite V2 Showing all dashboard graph backgrounds as black

smartalik
Engager

Hi I have updated from Splunk_CiscoSecuritySuite v1.0.1 which was displaying dashboard graphs with white backgrounds and legends correctly to v2.0 where all graphs show with a black background and then you cant see any legend text which is also black. If I use the search app and goto ips_dashbaord views then the display is fine. So it would seem as though the Splunk_CiscoSecuritySuite v2 app is doing something to make the background black. I've just re-downloaded the tgz file and deleted the old dir under .etc/apps and moved the fresh Splunk_ciscoSecuritySuite back to this place and restarted splunk. The dashboard backgrounds are still black.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Karma

mukeshb
Explorer

Have you tried a different browser?
I faced the same issue with another app. But the black background appeared only on IE and not on Firefox or Chrome.

0 Karma

mukeshb
Explorer

What ive been told by a splunk engineer (and I have no idea on how true this is) is that if you build your app/dashboards in firefox/chrome it uses html5 to render the graphs which might not work on older versions of IE and show the black background

0 Karma

smartalik
Engager

You're on the money mate. I've just loaded it up in a different browser and it most definately does display correctly. BUT my question would be why when I view the ips_dashbaord for example from the search app rather than from the Cisco Security Suite app does it display correctly in IE? I would still suggest there is something "odd/different" in the Cisco Security Suite v2 app that is causing the IE issue. I know it seems to use this JSChart module and I did read that it would also display colours as black if it couldnt interpret the # colour codes. Our SOE is for IE only 😕

Thanks Mukeshb

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...