All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Cisco UCS not collecting data

lelakshm
Engager

Hi,
I just installed the Splunk App for Cisco UCS and configured the managers.csv and credentials.csv as mentioned in the readme. Also copied the apps to SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ section, however, there's no data collection happening. I also tried executing Collect.py with the UCSM instance and the script didn't return anything nor did it thrown any errors.

credentials.csv contents:
realm,username,password
dev,ucs-local\admin,password

managers.csv contents:
server,realm
ipaddress,dev

This ucs instance is configured for local authentication. please let me know what am i missing here?

Thanks

halr9000
Motivator

Try running it at the command-line with INFO logging level:

-- if using lightweight forwarder:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python $SPLUNK_HOME/Splunk_TA_CiscoUCS/bin/Collect.py -l INFO topSystem

If using Universal + system Python:

python $SPLUNK_HOME/Splunk_TA_CiscoUCS/bin/Collect.py -l INFO topSystem

And if you are running the TA on a Heavy Forwarder--let me know, could also be related.

0 Karma

brandonrivera01

Maybe your credential line should be:
dev,ucs-local\admin,password

So ucs-local is auth domain and admin is the user.

0 Karma

brandonrivera01

Actually, it looks like the forum posting code is stripping the \ (slash) between ucs-local and admin, so you probably already have that right.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...