All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Check Point OPSEC LEA 4.0.0: Is there a way to override the default source and sourcetype?

georgen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've recently migrated to the Splunk Add-on for Check Point OPSEC LEA 4.0.0 which was easy to setup btw.

However, I'm unable to configure a custom Source & SourceType for my Check Point feed as the previous version leveraged 'inputs.conf' to run the lea-lograbber binary.

Would there happen to be a way to override the default Source & SourceType, or is there a workaround available?

1 Solution

rsimmons
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here's a quick solution! You can override the source field by using a regex in your transforms.

props.conf
[source::ip:8184]
TRANSFORMS-set_opsec_rename = opsec-rename

transforms.conf
[opsec-rename]
DEST_KEY=MetaData:Source
REGEX = .
FORMAT=source::configentitycheckpoint1_events

View solution in original post

rsimmons
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here's a quick solution! You can override the source field by using a regex in your transforms.

props.conf
[source::ip:8184]
TRANSFORMS-set_opsec_rename = opsec-rename

transforms.conf
[opsec-rename]
DEST_KEY=MetaData:Source
REGEX = .
FORMAT=source::configentitycheckpoint1_events

georgen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I agree with the override, it appears that we'll need to rename the source field for this new version of Splunk. Please keep me updated on enhancement#ADDON-11382 to allow admins to set their own Source/SourceType via the OPSEC 4.0.0 UI.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...