All Apps and Add-ons

Salesforce removing TLS1.1, will this impact the Splunk Add-on for Salesforce?

chadmedeiros
Path Finder

Hello,

Forgive me if this is a silly question but I thought it would be best to directly ask here. Salesforce recently announced they will be Disabling TLS 1.1 support ( https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000321556&type=1&mode=1 ) in September / October.

Our Splunk instance supports teams currently pulling data from Salesforce using this addon. They are proactively concerned about whether this will have an impact on the functioning of this app. I did some searching for tls-related information in the app configs and scripts, but didn't find anything I recognize.

Advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you

0 Karma

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

Latest Splunk version supports upto tls 1.2 so there shouldn't be a problem, however, you can check the tls version being used between Splunk and salesforce by using below command from Splunk instance for Salesforce server:

openssl s_client -connect ip:port

Where, ip = Salesforce server IP

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...