All Apps and Add-ons

Python 3 Compatibility Fails: App Created using Splunk Addon Builder App Failing Upgrade Readiness

Raghavendran

My App is failing to upgrade readiness for python3.

I am getting an error in the cim_actions.py file. I have upgraded the readiness app to a new version. I even tried creating a new app from the scratch even if that's failing the readiness check.  

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.27.14 AM.png

0 Karma

Raghavendran

But these codes were generated by the addon builder i did try commenting out the mentioned codes still it didn't help.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try a newer version of the add-on builder.  If no newer version is available then you may need to make changes to the generated code as suggested by the readiness app.  Commenting out the code won't help - it may pass checks, but probably won't work properly.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you made the suggested code changes?  Once you do that the app should pass the readiness check.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...