All Apps and Add-ons

Oracle WebLogic App for Splunk: Which add-on do I use to monitor WebLogic logs?

ahmedhassanean
Explorer

Dears,

I have installed Oracle WebLogic App for Splunk and navigate to add-ons and found below
function1_weblogicserver_eventgen Function1_WLS_App Function1_WLS_Managed_win_TA SA-Eventgen
Function1_WLS_Admin_nix_TA Function1_WLS_IDX_SH_TA Function1_WLS_nix_performance_TA
Function1_WLS_Admin_win_TA Function1_WLS_Managed_nix_TA Function1_WLS_win_performance_TA

I need to know if Splunk can monitor WebLogic logs or not, and if, yes which add-on I have to use?

0 Karma

tsweet_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For Linux Weblogic Server:
Function1_WLS_Admin_nix_TA
Function1_WLS_Managed_nix_TA

For Windows WebLogic Server:
Function1_WLS_Admin_win_TA
Function1_WLS_Managed_win_TA

Look at the inputs.conf on each of these Admin/Manged files to verify the location is correct (this only monitors in the default logging location)

On Search Heads and Indexers:
Function1_WLS_IDX_SH_TA

On Search Head:
Function1_WLS_App

ahmedhassanean
Explorer

what i am trying to say that i have log files of Weblogic that contain below messages and i want to know if this addon contain extraction for it or not
weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)

0 Karma

anshu
Path Finder

Hi Ahmed, what is the path to the log file that you find the "weblogic.kernel.Default" messages in?

The add-ons can monitor log files from Web Logic. As tsweet said, the best thing to do is look at the inputs.conf configuration in the add-ons and determine if the log files you want to monitor are in those paths.

Below are two monitor stanzas from the "Function1_WLS_Managed_nix_TA" inputs.conf file as an example:

[monitor:///opt/./.../user_projects/domains/*/servers/*/logs/*.log]

[monitor:///opt/./.../user_projects/domains/*/servers/*/logs/access.log]
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...