All Apps and Add-ons

Issue with Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring Add-On: SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR

mdodic
Engager

I configured the Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring add-on with Splunk Observability Cloud in order to receive infrastructure metrics from Splunk Observability. The connection was successful, as confirmed by the Add-On's Connection Status test: sim_ta_infra_1.png

However, when I try to search for any data using the sim flow command, I receive the following error:

Error in "sim" command: Error executing SignalFlow program. error_msg=[SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR] tlsv1 alert internal error (_ssl.c:1106)". 

sim_ta_infra_2.pngQuery used to test:

| sim flow query="data('cpu.utilization', filter=filter('host', '*') and (not filter('cloud.provider', '*')) and (not filter('AWSUniqueId', '*')) and (not filter('gcp_id', '*')) and (not filter('azure_resource_id', '*')) and (not filter('kubernetes_node', '*')), extrapolation='last_value', maxExtrapolations=2).mean(by=['host']).count().publish()"

I have done this kind of configuration several times, but I have never incurred in such an error. I even used the same query on another configuration to cross-check, and it's working fine.

Could it be a connection issue? Perhaps the search head is blocking some outside connection? Or is my environment using a different SSL package? Nevertheless, something seems to be preventing data from coming in.

Additionally sharing type+version of the OS instance:

sim_ta_infra_4.png

And OpenSSL version:

sim_ta_infra_5.png

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...