All Apps and Add-ons

Interesting DB Connect rising column issue

joesrepsolc
Communicator

In my case, there is no separate column with this data. No ID or date/time column in the table (great...) . I have to extract that data from a column and create a new value in the SQL statement, but then I can't seem to use that new field as the column for the DB connect rising column. Is this a limitation of DB Connect's rising column feature?

Example:
select column1, column2, column3, SUBSTRING(right(column3,17)) as "DateTime"
from blahblah
where DateTime > ?
order by DateTime asc

Splunk Enterprise 7.2, DB Connect 3.13

Error:
java.sql.SQLException: Parameter #1 has not been set.

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should run your SQL without rising parameter, this will allow you to select new field as rising column. After that you should add rising column filter and  run query again to go next page.

First;
from blahblah

Second;
from blahblah
where DateTime > ?
order by DateTime asc

If this reply helps you an upvote is appreciated.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

dmccormack
Explorer

I was having a similar issue, query runs fine but for whatever reason Splunk wasn't liking the rising column I was picking and wouldn't let me move to the next screen. I went in and just created the input in db_inputs.conf and restarted Splunk and it started working. I'm guessing there is some logic checking that is busted in the UI for the app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...