All Apps and Add-ons

How to detect usage of JavaScript libraries with known vulnerabilities?

danilreddy
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi,

I want to implement a custom command in spluk. So I created an add-on using splunk add-on builder and copied code for my custom command in to add-on.

While validating add-on from the add-on builder, I see  one failure (194 tests passed and one failure)  as

"Detect usage of JavaScript libraries with known vulnerabilities"

When I expand the error clicking on it, I see the solution column mentioned as below

solution: 3rd party CORS request may execute parseHTML() executes scripts in event handlers jQuery before 3.4.0, as used in Drupal, Backdrop CMS, and other products, mishandles jQuery.extend(true, {}, ...) because of Object.prototype pollution Regex in its jQuery.htmlPrefilter sometimes may introduce XSS Regex in its jQuery.htmlPrefilter sometimes may introduce XSS reDOS - regular expression denial of service Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS) Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS)

Can I get help how to resolve this javascript issue ??

Also, when I download the spl file and install the app, it is not giving "launch app" option in the manage apps page as shown in below snapshot. Is it because of installation of non-validated package??

danilreddy_0-1646215398902.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...