All Apps and Add-ons

How to delete demo data in AWS app (Cloudtrail) - SplunkCloud

ravimadabhushan

We are observing Cloudtrail sample data (dummy users etc..) in Splunk App dashboards. I'm sure that this information is not from my account. Could you please let us know how to delete this?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

do you have eventgen configured?
for all apps / TAs you install, make sure to delete the eventgen.conf file in the default directory

hope it helps

0 Karma

ravimadabhushan

Adonio, This is Splunk Cloud instance. I do not think I've access to any config files except from the UI. To be specific, I did not configure any of these files and not sure where to check/delete these.

0 Karma

ravimadabhushan

Just now observed that eventgen is configured to generate dummy data. While it is good to have sample data, it is not exactly useful in production usecase. Also the eventgen app doesn't have an option to disable from Splunk Cloud UI. I'm on Splunk cloud trail and it doesn't have an option to raise support request.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

interesting,
in that case contact your splunk cloud ops team member

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...