All Apps and Add-ons

How to create a dropdown with a list of selected Dimension and associated values?

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

Hello All

We are using splunk_app_infrastructure where we have created additional dimensions .
I want to create a drop down where I pick a dimension and display values associated with it-
as shown in the image.

alt text

Thanks in Advance
~AZ

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you want an inside look at the sausage-making factory, it's something we made in React for SAI. It's React code that uses REST endpoints for entity and dimension information. Unfortunately, I don't think it's available for you to use on a Splunk dashboard.

0 Karma

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

Thanks for reply. might need to figure out some other way

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly. Where are you creating this dropdown and for what purpose?

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly. Where are you creating this dropdown and for what purpose?

0 Karma

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

i am trying to create my own dashboard where i can display host metrics. to do this i want to group the hosts based of roles. role of the server is mapped to component key.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...