All Apps and Add-ons

How to call a REST API using POST method to get data using Splunk add-on builder?

mayurrbc
Observer

Hello,

I am trying to get data in using Splunk rest API feature of Splunk add-on builder, however I am not able to get the results using POST method. 

Does anyone know what is the correct syntax to pass JSON query in REST request body?

I tried using "data","payload","raw" as Name and in Value I have put the JSON query but it's not working. 

I keep getting The response status=500 for request ....

PS: I have used postman to validate my request body and it works fine and return results. however, I am not able to do that using Splunk rest API. Not sure if I am missing something.

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 1.16.50 PM.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

andrew_nelson
Communicator

I know this is an old post, but posting an answer in case others need it.

To translate the body { "key1":"value1", "key2": "value2", ...} 
The AOB request body will be :

Name: key1    Value: value1
Name: key2    Value: value2 
Name: .....          Value: .......

Also, I see you're using Basic Auth. I'd suggest using Global Account in Add-On Setup Parameters. It should have a checkbox for Basic Auth.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...