All Apps and Add-ons

How does one add the needed python library on a Heavy forwarder where one does not have root access?

jmantor
Path Finder

I don't have root access to install pyrrd in the usual module path.
How can I use via the scripted input in an alternate location?

0 Karma

Jeremiah
Motivator

You can install the module into the user's .local directory. Download and untar the python library, then run:

python setup.py install --user

Do this as the user you run splunk as. This will install the library into that user's ~/.local directory, which python will search automatically.

Alternatively, you can run that command, then move the resulting pyrrd directory in the ~/.local directory into the same directory as the script, because the script should search the local directory when it runs.

mv ~/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyRRD-0.1.0-py2.6.egg/pyrrd /opt/splunk/etc/apps/rrd_app/bin/
0 Karma

Arcite
Explorer

you might want to fix the typos in your question, it took me a few reads to realize "How does on add" was actually "How does one add", I'd edit for you but I guess I don't have high enough karma to do so

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...