All Apps and Add-ons

Help with downloading App in zip format

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I would like to deploy the Metricator App. For that I need also the TA-metricator-for-nmon (technical Add-On) on my source where the universal forwarder is running.
How would I get the TA-metricator-for-nmon in the zip form to shift it to my source linux host?

I mean I downloaded the Metricator App from the Splunk Base, deployed it on my SH and it also includes the TA-metricator-for-nmon, so I can monitor my SH itself. I can also see on the OS level under the ~/etc/apps the directory called TA-metricator-for-nmon. But I need this App (TA) on the source systems with the forwarder.
Would I just tar and zip the TA-metricator-for-nmon directory from the SH and copy it to my source system?
Is it as simple as that?

Kind Regards,
Kamil

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it is as simple as that. I would skip the zip step, however, and use the -z option in tar to compress the tarball.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...