All Apps and Add-ons

Has anyone encountered this issue - Hosts dashboard in NIX app only shows 1 host even though I have 3

abrarfakhri
Path Finder

I have 3 hosts listed in Categories under "all_hosts". Yet my Hosts dashboard only shows 1 host.

I am very curious how Splunk builds this data set? Where does it get the info from and how does it store it locally?

I tried searching CLI but couldn't locate the data except for dropdown.csv which is accounted for.
I followed instructions from here to setup:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/UnixApp/latest/User/DeploytheSplunkAppforUnixandLinuxinadistrib...

I just have a deployment server w/ NIX add-on. The rest of the configuration is as shown on URL above.

• splunk_app_for_nix version: 5.0.1
  • SA-nix version: 5.0.1
  • Splunk_TA_nix version: 5.1.2

Regards,
Abrar

pickerin
Path Finder

The "all_hosts" is a bogus Category.

You need to create custom Categories AND Groups, and then put your available hosts into them.

0 Karma

abrarfakhri
Path Finder

Correction: I just have a deployment server without NIX add-on....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...