All Apps and Add-ons

Error message received when configuring "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux"

splunkcloudnoob
Explorer

When I try to configure the "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux" app in Splunk Cloud I receive an error message that states: "There was an unexpected problem while saving the inputs. Please reload the page and try again."

This error message is vague and I am not sure what to do next.

Does anyone have a solution?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What did you find in the log?

index=_internal source="*splunkd.log"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

splunkcloudnoob
Explorer

Here are a few of the messages in the log:

INFO TcpOutputProc - Found currently active indexer. Connected to idx=[Ip address]:9997, reuse=1

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "Applications/SplunkForwarder/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nix/bin/protocol.sh" netstat: sysctl: net.inet.ip.input_perf_data: No such file or directory

HttpListener - Socket error from [IP address] :33544 while idling: error:1407609C

INFO ChunkedLBProcessor - Failed to find EVENT_BREAKER regex in props.conf for sourcetype::Unix:Service. Reverting to the default EVENT_BREAKER regex for now

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
The INFO messages can be ignored. Since this is Splunk Cloud your options are fairly limited. Consider re-installing the app, if the GUI will let you, or opening a support ticket.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

splunkcloudnoob
Explorer

So I am currently on a 15 day free trial so apparently I am not entitled to open support tickets - I contacted the sales team via voicemail and via email.  I'll post back here once I have a solution.

0 Karma

figmentbritton
Engager

Did you get a response from support?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...