All Apps and Add-ons

Error installing NetApp

Bill_B
Communicator

I am setting up a linux server with Splunk 6.0.4. I want to install "Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP". I followed the instructions for downloading and installing the app. After installing from file and restarting splunk, the app fails to appear in Splunk Home. When I tried to re-install from file I receive the error: "App with this name already exists."; yet still no app displayed in Splunk Home.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks.

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you double-check the app packages exists in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory?

1. Download the app manually
  2. Unzip is in a temp location to make sure there are packages ( etc/apps/$packages )
  3. Copy the packages to your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory. ( Check permissions are okay )
  4. Restart Splunk

If you're using VMware app v3.1, You have to use the SA-Util and SA-Hyddra from VMware app, instead of those ones from the NetApp app.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

arjun_roy

FOLLOWED THE SAME PROCEDURE BUT ITS NOT WORKING, LOCALHOST:8000 PAGE DISPLAYS - PAGE NOT FOUND .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...