All Apps and Add-ons

Enabling Performance in WAS via JMX for secured environment

tonan
Explorer

Hi i am not able to configure the JMX to gather performance data on an environment where global security is enabled. however i am able to work it out in an env where the security is disabled.

Have double checked the SOAP port and its using the defualt 8879. Also i have provided the admin userid and password in the was_dmgr.conf file, what else can be missing.

# ./was_jmxperf.sh
***************Start to establish the connection.
com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host xxx.xxx.com at port 8879.
        at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClientPrivileged(AdminClientFactory.java:632)
        at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.access$000(AdminClientFactory.java:123)
        at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory$1.run(AdminClientFactory.java:206)
        at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:63)
        at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:202)
        at WASTest.establishConnection(WASTest.java:1171)
        at WASTest.readSetupConf(WASTest.java:1412)
        at WASTest.main(WASTest.java:68)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:56)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:527)
        at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClientPrivileged(AdminClientFactory.java:454)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: java.net.SocketException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: java.net.SocketException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory]
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:409)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.<init>(SOAPConnectorClient.java:222)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: java.net.SocketException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: java.net.SocketException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory]
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:475)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.WASinvoke(Call.java:451)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient$4.run(SOAPConnectorClient.java:381)
        at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:366)
        ... 13 more
Can't establish connection!  Please double check your login and trust file info.
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sasen
Engager

So finally got to resolve this with the help of splunk team, now that i am enjoying enterprize support. Thankyou Splunk team for nailing the issue.

Resolution:

• You have to download the IBM JAVA JRE version 6 to get this working.
  • Dwonload and install it, its a bin file which auto extracts to a folder specified by you in linux.
  • Update the file with the new installed JRE : was_jmxperf.sh
  • Update the file with the new installed JRE : was_jmxinventory.sh
  • Restart the splunk forwarders

View solution in original post

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

Hi,

you mean you have a bash script that gathers JMX data from WAS JVMs? Is it possible to have a look at it?

Regards,
Stefano

0 Karma

sasen
Engager

So finally got to resolve this with the help of splunk team, now that i am enjoying enterprize support. Thankyou Splunk team for nailing the issue.

Resolution:

• You have to download the IBM JAVA JRE version 6 to get this working.
  • Dwonload and install it, its a bin file which auto extracts to a folder specified by you in linux.
  • Update the file with the new installed JRE : was_jmxperf.sh
  • Update the file with the new installed JRE : was_jmxinventory.sh
  • Restart the splunk forwarders
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...