All Apps and Add-ons

EWS for O365 SOAR app. Message Id error.

Samu
Engager

Hi all,

After running several actions from the EWS for O365 app (version 2.12.0) in phantom, the following error is received:

"API failed. Status code: ErrorInvalidIdMalformed. Message: Id is malformed.".

As per the app documentation, the expected field format for "Message ID" is not specified.

I´m  using the Message Id field extracted from the original email headers. Is this correct? Is there any other way to obtain the message id? Wich is the expected format?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Topper
Engager

How did you go with this? I'm facing the same issue.

0 Karma

Samu
Engager

I finally found the way.  To obtain the ID, it is required to launch the "run query" action first. In the action fields, set the email address in the email field and the clean Message ID in the query field. Do not select any other option, nor fill any other field. 

Samu_0-1709732167663.png

In the response you should see another ID base64 like format. This is the ID used to operate emails. Keep in mind that this ID changes everytime you perform any action over the email (moving it to a different folder for instance).

Hope this helps.

Tags (1)

Topper
Engager

I thank you for the help. Turns out we were ingesting the required ID, but the field was email Id not Message-ID.

It's also listed under the Event INFO in the container under Details Source ID:

Got there in the end. 

Topper_1-1710217037493.png

Thank you for the query though, wouldn't have found this without it. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...