All Apps and Add-ons

Does the AWS add-on actually work in Splunk Light?

labkey_mikeb

Hello,

I'm evaluating Splunk Light for some light-weight log parsing. One of the needs I have is the ability to monitor resources in AWS.

To that end, I installed the Splunk App for AWS and the Splunk Add-On for Amazon Web Services.

When trying to follow the instructions for configuring accounts, after clicking "Configure", I am presented with a screen that has a single button for "Billing" (Select billing tag) on it and a row of check-boxes for "Warning Message Settings". There is no option to set up an account or any other configurable option.

Looking in the Splunk errors, I see that AdminManageExternal is not supported by Splunk Light.

I'm not sure if the two are related or not., but I cannot figure out how to set up an Splunk Light to use an AWS account so I can starting inputting data from AWS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

labkey_mikeb

Hello again,

I'm using a standalone evaluation of Splunk Light downloaded from Splunk and running on its own server. Sadly, it would be impossible for us to move this to AWS due to HIPAA and business requirements.

Thanks for looking into this,

-- Mike Beebe

0 Karma

gneumann_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It should work for you, using the version you have from Splunk.com.

I'll look further into this tomorrow, and also inquire to some people that might help troubleshoot. Hoping to get you up and running.

0 Karma

labkey_mikeb

Hello,

Thanks -- I very much appreciate the help. I've used Splunk Enterprise before in a larger environment and have always been impressed with its capabilities. However, in order to sell Enterprise to management here, I'm going to need Splunk Light to "Proof of Concept".

-- Mike Beebe

0 Karma

labkey_mikeb

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Sadly, even after following the directions above, I'm still stuck in the same place where I cannot enter an account under "Configuration" because the option to do so isn't presented to me. Attached is the screen that I see when I try to use the "Configure" option.

(Well, I would attach an image, but apparently I don't have enough "Karma Points" to do such.)

-- Mike Beebe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...