All Apps and Add-ons

DBConnect indexing

ccsfdave
Builder

Greetings,

Pure and simple question, how can I get DBConnect to index data? I followed the Deploy and Use DBConnect line by line but nothing I do seems to index the data. I guess the ideal would be to run a SQL query so that I may limit what needs to be indexed - but at this point, I'll take anything!

I have a column (revisionID) for the value that increments.

I feel like I have spent a long time trying to figure this out and have my ducks in a row, but just can't get it working.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Dave

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it's the Database Inputs button on the far right. You're really setting up a fancy Splunk input, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Configuredatabasemonitoring for more detail.

View solution in original post

gregbujak
Path Finder

Can you post your .conf file? Also, what are you seeing in your dbx.log and jbridge.log?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it's the Database Inputs button on the far right. You're really setting up a fancy Splunk input, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Configuredatabasemonitoring for more detail.

ccsfdave
Builder

I am not sure why it wasn't working before because I had some database inputs previously, I deleted those and recreated some, now it seems to be working. Odd.

Thanks for the help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...