All Apps and Add-ons

Can the Lookup File Editor App for Splunk Enterprise be updated so it doesn't require a specific app name?

meson3902
Engager

I try to maintain a specific naming convention for applications in my environment. After installing this app, I noticed that the "lookup_editor" application name is hard coded. Is it possible to modify the app to not require a specific application name?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You could but you will need to change it in several places, including Javascript, HTML and CSS files. A quick search reveals about 40 places where the name is hard-coded.

If you want to do this, then you may want to download the source-code and perform the changes on the files before they are optimized.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...