All Apps and Add-ons

Can I specify a subfolder of INBOX to poll?

ekzp
Explorer

Hi, we have a dedicated mailbox to be polled by Splunk.. Currently we have IMAPmailbox, and now we want to add TA-dmarc.
IMAPmailbox is configured to poll INBOX and delete processed items. By the time TA-dmarc will get a chance to do its bit, there will be nothing to process.
For this reason I want to create a subfolder and set up a rule that all DMARC e-mails to be moved to that folder,. This way DMARC emails will not be deleted by IMAPmailbox. Then I want to configure TA-dmarc to poll that subfolder.

Problem: how do I specify a subfolder to poll in the TA_dmarc configuration?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jorritf
Path Finder

Yes you can specify INBOX.mysubfolder in the IMAP mailbox parameter when creating a new IMAP input.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Yes you can specify INBOX.mysubfolder in the IMAP mailbox parameter when creating a new IMAP input.

0 Karma

ekzp
Explorer

Thanks jorritf. What I found is that TA-dmarc fails to access the folder when using the dot (".") as separator. Using the slash instead ("/") doesn't generate an error.
I am still struggling to get some reports, but at lease this one is out of the way.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...