All Apps and Add-ons

AWS Cloudwatch Logs

dc18
Explorer

Is there a good step-by-step, practical, hands-on, how-to, starting at the first step, ending at successful completion guide to do this:

Ingest AWS cloudwatch logs into Enterprise Splunk running on an EC2 instance in the particular AWS environment.

I've read a lot of documents, tried different things, followed a couple of videos, and I'm able to see cloudwatch configuration entries in my main index, but so far have not gotten any cloudwatch logs.

I am not interested in deep architectural understanding.  I just want to start from the very beginning at the true step one, and end at the last step with logs showing up in my main index.

Also, the community "ask a question" page requires an "associated Apps" and I picked one from the available list, but I don't care which app works, I just want to use the one that works.

Thank you very much in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

meetmshah
Contributor

Hello @dc18, have you checked https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/AWS/CloudWatch and searched for EC2 on the page?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...