Alerting

Email Alert Subject

hjwang
Contributor

Dear Splunkers:

Is there any way to add extra search result field value to alert email subject? like host value
Thanks in advance!!

Tags (2)

rturk
Builder

From what I've read, it supports $name$ and the name of the saved search, and $seach$ as the search string itself.

You can configure scripted alerts as per as alert_actions.conf#Script_options, but you're constrained by these 8:

SPLUNK_ARG_0 Script name
SPLUNK_ARG_1 Number of events returned
SPLUNK_ARG_2 Search terms
SPLUNK_ARG_3 Fully qualified query string
SPLUNK_ARG_4 Name of saved search
SPLUNK_ARG_5 Trigger reason (for example, "The number of events was greater than 1")
SPLUNK_ARG_6 Browser URL to view the saved search
SPLUNK_ARG_8 File in which the results for this search are stored (contains raw results)

If you want to use hosts, then I think you're going to have to play around with custom scripted inputs.

Check this link out as well, which can point you in the right direction: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/34570/how-to-add-custom-email-alert-content

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...