Alerting

Data Routing to an Index based on Sourcetype

bhavneeshvohra
Engager

Hello Everyone,

I am integrating logs from trend micro portable security  via HEC.

As per the user guide of trend micro they need a HEC token that should have access to 5 indexes namely(sacnnedlog,detectedlog,applicationinfo,updateinfo,assetinfo) the names should not be changed as it will not be able to send logs .

So I have created a HEC token with sourctype=trendmicro and have given access to all 5 indexes created on HF.

Now the catch is in our splunk environment we cannot have 5 indexes for one source thus we have created 5 indexes at HF (same name as above) and we are trying to route all logs for sourcetype trendmicro to an index named app_trendmicro (created on Cluster master).

i have used following props and transforms

In props:-

[trendmicro]

TRANSFORMS-routing = trendmicro_routing

In transforms:-

[trendmicro_routing]

DEST_KEY = _MetaData:Index
REGEX = .
FORMAT = app_trendmicro

however we are  not able to receive logs and getting error in internal index  as

Received event for unconfigured/disabled/deleted index

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...