Alerting

Create email alert when a particular string/keyword is found in log event

navd

I am having couple of string to look for in log events and generate an alert when the matching string/keyword appears

Following are example keywords:-
ERROR - [] - Failed to create custom account for user
Code: Internal Server Error; Exception:
Internal Server Error; Exception: com.google.search.ts.exception:

So my current search look like this , but I want to know if there is any other way creating alert based on the string/keywords

index="abc" "ERROR - [] - Failed to create custom account for user" OR "Code: Internal Server Error; Exception: " OR "Internal Server Error; Exception: com.google.search.ts.exception: "

Tags (1)
0 Karma

amiftah
Communicator

Yes, In that case, you should extract the 4 strings in a field, and when you trigger the alert, send your field in your email: $result.yourfield$, and include this field in the search: index=foo error | table yourfield

0 Karma

amiftah
Communicator

I see all the strings contain "error" so maybe if you just save this search : index="abc" error as alert and choose send email as action will do the job..

0 Karma

navd

But , when I recieve the Email alert is it possible to include only the string that triggered(out of 4 other strings I am having) instead of displaying entire search string in email alert ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would do it the same way.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...