Training + Certification Discussions

Data Models eLearning Quiz needs review

brian94
Engager

The quiz for EDU-1001 Data Models needs to be reviewed by Splunk.

There is one question that cannot be answered correctly because it requires a multiple choice selection and the UI uses radio buttons. The directions even state "select all answers that apply".

For some reason I had to take this quiz many times to achieve a passing grade. That has not been the case with the other 8 quizzes I have taken on the Certified Power User track, where I have usually passed on the first try. It could just be me, but I found a lot of the language to be confusing and the answers didn't appear to be exactly correct, especially regarding the difference between a Data Model and Dataset.

The quiz would be more effective as a personal assessment tool if it would report which answers are incorrect. The quizzes for some of the other classes do exhibit that behavior and they are far more useful for determining knowledge gaps.

This course also lacks a feedback widget. It seems like I've seen that on some of the other courses.

Thanks!

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for sharing, but there's little we in the community can do.  Send your concerns and suggestions to Splunk at education_amer@splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...