Splunk Search

transaction too complex?

Yarsa
Path Finder

Hi, I'm trying to create a report that does the same search for two different dates, the regular search uses a transaction:

(sourcetype="bi_log" "join room success")  OR (source="analyticsreport" eventDescription concurrentUsers>0) | transaction eventId | stats  dc(userId) as "Visitors"   count(sessionId) as "Visits" dc(roomId) as "Total rooms"  by eventDescription

For the current report I want to run it for today and 24h X DAYS AGO.
The finale report I will categorize by eventDescription as before but also by "day"

I tried several different times with no success, here is one of them:

(sourcetype="bi_log" "join room success" | append  [search sourcetype="bi_log" "join room success" earliest="-5d@d" latest="-4d@d"] | convert timeformat="%m/%d/%y" ctime(_time) as "new_t") OR (source="analyticsreport" eventDescription concurrentUsers>0  | append  [search source="analyticsreport" eventDescription concurrentUsers>0  earliest="-5d@d" latest="-4d@d"] | convert timeformat="%m/%d/%y" ctime(_time) as "new_t") |  transaction eventId |  stats  dc(userId) as "Visitors"  count(sessionId) as "Visits"  dc(roomId) as "Total rooms" by eventDescription,new_t

I'll appreciate if any of you has suggestions, thanks!!

Tags (2)

lpolo
Motivator

If you provide a log event sample for each source log I will be able to help you.

0 Karma

meishar

I have the same problem!!
anyone?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...