Splunk Search

splunk search combine different sources

selvam_sekar
Path Finder

Hi,

I have the below scenario. please could you help?

spl1:

index=abc  sourcetype=1.1 source=1.2  "downstream"  "executioneid=*"

spl2:

index=abc  sourcetype=2.1 source=2.2 "do not write to downstream" "executioneid=*"

both the spl uses the same index and they have the common field called executionid.  some execution ids are designed not to go to downstream application in the flow. I want to combine these two spl based on the executioneid

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @selvam_sekar,

you can correlate the two searches using the stats command, something like this:

index=abc ((sourcetype=1.1 source=1.2  "downstream") OR (sourcetype=2.1 source=2.2 "do not write to downstream")) "executioneid=*"
| stats 
   values(sourcetype) AS sourcetype
   values(source) AS source
   BY executioneid

you can also add conditions e.g. the presence in both the sourcetypes or only in one of them.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

there are excellent presentations kept on .conf about joining data sets without join.

e.g. https://conf.splunk.com/watch/conf-online.html?search=PLA1528B#/

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...