Splunk Search

sort the columns numerically in table *

smiththebest

mySearch | table * generates nice table of all my ~150 fields with default field names field1 field2... field10... fiel100 field101 so on but the output Table columns are ordered alphabetically meaning field1 field10 field100 field101 so on. How can I order the columns so the table show field1 field2 field3.... ?
Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Splunk is doing correctly, coz field1, field10,field2 i correct ordering.
The only way i could think of is to "pad" your field names with zeroes, so it becomes
field001, field002,field003... , field010,field011.... field100,field101 etc

Inroder to do that
1. Do it manually one time (may be easier here).=> Just put each field to do rename eg: |rename field1 as field001 and put as a macro . So your search should be . => ...| rename_my_fields| table field*
2. Do using some kind of regex to pad ....|foreach field* [eval newfield=<<FIELD>>] table field*

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...