Splunk Search

how to build a map using zipcode?

dhavamanis
Builder

we have user registered data with zipcode, can you please tell us, how to build the map chart using the zipcode.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You would have to do it with a lookup table that enriches the ZIP codes with their geographical data , see this previous Splunk Answers posting for pointers.

dhavamanis
Builder

dhavamanis
Builder

Thanks, I am trying to build the MAP with the below query, i could see some results in the statistics view but its nothing showing in Map (zip, Lat and Long). Can you please review this query and correct me if anything wrong.

index="abcindex" | stats sum(Primary_Address_ZIP) as _geo_count by Primary_Address_ZIP | lookup geolookup Zipcode as Primary_Address_ZIP OUTPUT Lat, Long | where Lat not null AND Long not null | eval _geo=Lat+","+Long

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...