Splunk Search

find the latest field only from multiple output

surekhasplunk
Communicator

I have a query like below :

bla bla ...| lookup mylookupfile.csv Hostname as Name output Status Creation_Date
| eval Status=MVDEDUP(Status) |eval Creation_Date=mvindex(Creation_Date,-1)| then rest of my query

Here issue happens when while matching for the Hostname i get two Status values 

So above query gives me output where : 

1) i am getting Creation_Date field as the latest date only

2) But Status i am receiving both Active and Destroyed

i want to get in Status field only the corresponding value of Status for latest(Creation_Date)

How can i do that

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understand the problem correctly then this should help.

bla bla ...| lookup mylookupfile.csv Hostname as Name output Status Creation_Date
| eval created = strptime(Creation_Date, "format string that matches the date format")
| sort 1000 - created
| fields - created
| head 1
| then rest of my query

The lookup file already associates Status with Creation_Date so all the query needs to do is find the most recent Creation_Date value.  We do that by converting the Creation_Date field to epoch form (assuming it is not already an epoch) then sorting the dates in descending order.  The first event in the results is the latest date.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...