Splunk Search

Why are stats values and data not aligning?

AK89
Explorer

In this scenario, each HOST_NAME has many HOME_LOCATIONS. Each HOME_LOCATION has unique info - in this case, the RDBMS_VERSION and the DATABASE_RELEASE.

I am trying to produce a simple statistics table that shows each unique HOME_LOCATION (and accompanying info) for each HOST_NAME. 

--------------------

When I run the below (1st screen shot) the data is aligned as I'd expect it to

| stats values(HOME_LOCATION) values(RDBMS_VERSION) by HOST_NAME

2 fields.png

When I run the below (2nd screen shot) and add the third values field in red, the data becomes misaligned for some rows

| stats values(HOME_LOCATION) values(RDBMS_VERSION) values(DATABASE_RELEASE) by HOST_NAME

3 fields.png

What am I missing or doing incorrectly?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

values() shows the unique values sorted in lexicographical order - if you want to maintain a one-to-one correspondence use list() instead of values() however this does not dedup the values so you may end up with duplicates.

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

values() shows the unique values sorted in lexicographical order - if you want to maintain a one-to-one correspondence use list() instead of values() however this does not dedup the values so you may end up with duplicates.

AK89
Explorer

Appreciate the quick response! This works. As for dupes, my data is pulled in on a scheduled basis, so I can use the time range to handle dupes. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...