Splunk Search

Regex for uri path

loadtest

Hi,

I'm having trouble extracting the uri_path of my log files.

Here's an example of a line in my log file

115.252.41.38 "65.165.121.16" - www.site.com [27/Feb/2014:23:29:59 -0500] "GET /images/focus/gallery/?zipCode=70006&distance=50 HTTP/1.1" 200 67362 1 esds036b.md5.site.com:9789 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53"

I'm trying to extract out "/images/focus/gallery/" with a Regex, but am having difficulties in doing so. Any help is appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

ianathompson
Explorer

For the weblogs, I just used the inline field extractor with some small changes to extract the uriPath from the uri field that was imported from the AWS ELB logs I received. The main issue is some URIs have query fields (?key=value) and some do not. This has worked for me so far.

rex field=uri "(?i)^(?:[^/]*/){3}(?P<uriPath>[^(\?|\s)]+)"

If I make any more changes, I will update the rex.

Also you can check out the URL Parser app in the Splunk App Store. Just take note that it has errors in the code that have to be corrected. They are noted here.

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Try this:

search | regex "\s/[^ ]+/[^ ]+/[^ ]+/"

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

You can try rex:

search | rex "^.*\s(?P<uri_path>/[^ ]+/[^ ]+/[^ ]+/)\S"

That should pull out a uri_path field that can be used for statistics or charting.

0 Karma

loadtest

How would I extract the path out to a variable to chart it? For example the top used paths using "top limit=2 uri_path"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...