Splunk Search

Rag status using if/case

codedtech
Path Finder

Hello Everyone,

I have a really simple question but I can'f figure it out for the life of me.  I have a query set up that gives me the utilization of an array, and I want to have a text based field for its RAG status.  This is what I'm using 

| eval RAG=(Class='DB' AND Utilization >= 62, "Red", Utilization >= 50, "Yellow", Utilization < 40, "Green")

I've tried to run it and I keep getting the eval statement is malformed error.  Any help you can give would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

hi @codedtech , try this

| eval RAG=case(Class='DB' AND Utilization >= 62, "Red", Utilization >= 50, "Yellow", Utilization < 40, "Green",1=1,"Unmatched")

0 Karma

codedtech
Path Finder

@Nisha18789  Thank you so much, that helped a ton. My next question is how do I get it to build off a list for all of these?

class

Green

Yellow

Red

DB

<60.0

>=68.0

>=75.0

WEB

<55.0

>=63.0

>=93.0

APP

<50.0

>=80.0

>=90.0

ZFS

<45.0

>=66.0

>=85.0

0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

Hi @codedtech you can use chart command as below after the case statement, in place of values() function you can use any other function that suits your requirement.

| chart values(utilization) over RAG by Class

hope this helps, please upvote or mark my previous post as solution is that answered your original question.

0 Karma

laurag

I am also trying to classify a RAG status which has different RAG cut-offs per "Class" such as displayed in the table from @codedtech , would each rule need to be stated in the "case" statement before using the chart command?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like you're trying to use a case statement without including the "case" keyword.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...