Splunk Search

Panel based on dropdown value

Muthu_Vinith
Path Finder

Hi Experts,

I am encountering an issue  with using filter tokens in specific row on my dashboard. I have two filters named ABC and DEF, tokens represented for ABC is $abc$ and DEF is $def$. 

I want to pass these tokens only to one specific row, while for others, I want to reject them. 

For the rows where i need to pass the tokens, I've used the following syntax: <row depends="$abc$ $def$"></row>

For the row where i don't want to use the token, I've used the following syntax; <row rejects="$abc$ $def$"></row>.

However when i use the rejects condition, the rows are hidden. I want these rows to still be visible.

Could someone please advise on how to resolve this issue?  I would appreciate every help. Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just use one token - if necessary, use the <change> construct in your filters to set/unset a third token GHI $ghi$ based on whether $abc$ and/or $def$ are set

0 Karma

Muthu_Vinith
Path Finder

So in that case we don't want to use reject condition in the row right? @ITWhisperer 

Could you please share sample query for reference?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share your current dashboard source (or at least a cutdown version showing your filters, rows and panels)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...